CHESS announces the 10th Annual CHESS Student Research Paper Prize of $1,000 to be awarded to the best student paper published in 2014. The paper must be based in part on data collected at the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source, and the first author on the paper must have been a graduate or undergraduate student when the paper was submitted.
Nominations must include:
- A nomination letter from the student's Principal Investigator which should summarize the impact and scientific/technical importance of the paper and explain why it is of an outstanding nature. For papers with multiple authors, the nomination letter should explain how the student played a pivotal role in the work. Because the reviewing committee will involve scientists from a diverse set of disciplines, it is important that the explanation be clear to scientists who are not experts in the field.
- Student Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the paper (pdf preferred)
To submit, please have these documents as .pdf, .docx or .doc files ready to upload before you begin and click here to use the online form.
- All nominations are due by Friday, March 6, 2015
- Awardee(s) will be announced Friday, May 1, 2015
- The paper must have been published in 2014.
- The paper must be based in part on data collected at the Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source.
- The first author on the paper must have been a graduate or undergraduate student when the paper was submitted.
A $1,000 prize will be awarded to the best student paper chosen by the selection committee. (In certain circumstances, two submissions may be selected as winners, in which case the award will be shared.) The prize winner(s) will be notified by May 1, 2015 and asked to give an Invited Talk at the annual CHESS Users' Meeting, June 9, 2015, at which time the award will be presented. Travel expenses will be covered by CHESS. The winner will be asked to submit a summary on the research to be included in the next CHESS eNewsletter.
The selection committee consists of representatives from the CHESS Users Executive Committee and External Advisory Committee.
All inquiries or issues with this site should be directed to Kathy Dedrick, Director, CHESS X-ray User Program Office at email@example.com or call (607) 255-7163.
2015 X-RAY RUNS
Feb 4 - 24 & Mar 4 - Apr 7
May 27 - Jul 14
Oct 7 - Dec 8
Apply for Beamtime